It is oh so elusive: not quite a conference, and not a trade fair. Blogfest is described, instead in a rather understated way: as an event. In attendance are interior designers, design enthusiasts, e-boutique owners, furniture manufacturers, stylists, and graphic designers. We all blog and most of us are entrepreneurs, and solopreneurs at that. Now an annual event, #blogfest2012 is a resounding reminder of Oprah Winfrey’s wise words: “Surround yourself only with people who are going to lift you higher.”
While the majority of us work and write alone, the emphasis of blogfest is that – united – we are anything but. Each and every sponsor and participant in blogfest is motivated, collaborative, and forward-thinking. From the Kravet family corporation, to the shelter publications, to the brands that host and gift us, to each of the 168 bloggers (representing 28 states and 4 countries) attending, we all want to collaborate and be a part of something bigger than our individual identities. I love this – I find it inspiring and exciting.
To realize that all of us have connected with each other because we have embraced the possibilities of social media is truly amazing.
Image via Pretty Stuff by Patterson Maker
SEARCH FOR SOMETHING:
MOST Popular Posts
- A Monochromatic Dining Room
- Win A PALECEK Designer Inspiration Chair | Introducing Charmian Carr’s Hollywood Design
- Gorgeous Glass: Miele’s Generation 6000 PureLine Appliances
- At Home In New York with Interior Design Icon Vladimir Kagan
- A Gorgeous Purple-Grey Living Room
- The Best of High Point Market: Hooker Furniture Chests
- 10 Of My Favorite Interiors with Palm Leaf Wallpaper
- A Dramatic Bed Canopy
- I Trained My Eye with Pembrooke & Ives
- Lemon Yellow Kitchen Cabinets