It’s the weekend, which means: here are my highlights from the week and favorites around the web. In the pic above, see some of my Sarah Sarna for Beautycounter Summer beauty favorites: Color Contour Matte Bronzer in No. 1, Touchup Concealer Pen in Light, Tint Skin Foundation in Linen, and Lip Gloss in Peony.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE WEEK
- Whether you’re looking to personalize your dorm room or your apartment rental, removable wallpaper is a perfect, super easy, highly stylish design solution.
- 101 in 1001 update: I finished this new bestselling memoir last weekend; it is excellent. Today is also Day 14 of my first 30-day yoga challenge!
- Watching this film was not a highlight, but a valuable eye-opener. Last weekend, my friend Audrey recommended the 2015 documentary The True Cost to me, which I viewed this week. It’s about the fashion industry, and is the most life-altering movie I’ve ever seen. Fashion is one of the three topics that I write about on this blog, and I’ve been extremely “pensive,” (as my husband has described me), since seeing the picture on Wednesday. I’ll be sharing more about how this film has impacted me, but in the meantime I’ve been reading, researching, and doing as much as I can to educate myself about brands that are Fair Trade v. Free Trade, and have updated the links in my sidebar accordingly. To say the very least, I will no longer be recommending, buying, or condoning brands that are Free Trade (i.e. not Fair Trade). Here’s the trailer for the film. At 90 minutes it’s IMHO, a wonderful time investment. For more info visit: truecostmovie.com.
FAVORITES AROUND THE WEB
- I love a pre-war apartment.
- Tour this bachelor pad to newly-wed home transformation.
- 10 ways to deal with disappointment.
- 7 stylish and affordable chandelier pendants.
- Recipes to try before Summer’s end.
- Inside a laid-back Montauk house.
- Did you know you could freeze onions?
- Easy ways to entertain kids at restaurants, without a screen.