IT’S THE WEEKEND!
Aren’t short Summer weeks nice? Wishing you a wonderful one! It’s the weekend, which means: here are my highlights from the week, favorites around the web, and top sale recommendations. Plus, keep reading for the full download on my favorite shopping event of the year: the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE WEEK
- Get to know esteemed Palm Beach-based landscape architect Keith Williams, partner at Nievera Williams Landscape Architects, and his gorgeous garden and courtyard designs.
- An introduction to Sarah Sarna for Beautycounter, a safer skin care company that’s making a difference, because every bit counts.
FAVORITES AROUND THE WEB
- 5 kitchens that are scientifically proven to put you in a good mood.
- DIY this: adorable pineapple decor… from a mason jar.
- Daybeds are trending in a major way.
- A dreamy bedroom in sea-inspired colors.
- This Seattle hotel is a charmer.
THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE / #NSALE
My favorite annual sale, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (the #NSale), is almost here! To get ready, I’ve put together 5 things you need to know about the NSale:
- WHAT IT IS? The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is hands-down the. best. sale of the year. It’s a unique opportunity to purchase the newest and highest-in-demand items for the upcoming Fall and Winter season at shockingly discounted prices. Retailers usually offer items on sale as a season is ending, however, during this exclusive event, Nordstrom slashes their prices ahead of the season. This refreshing reversal makes the NSale absolutely unparalleled, as Fall and Winter wardrobe items are significantly bigger investments than Spring and Summer apparel: i.e. coats, boots, and sweaters are much pricier than shorts and sandals.
- WHEN IS IT? The sale runs July 21- August 7, – unless you are a Nordstrom Card Holder. Nordstrom Card Holders have access to the NSale 8 days earlier than the general public: early access for Card Holders begins this Thursday July 14th. In full disclosure, I don’t like store cards, but I am a Nordstrom Card Holder for. the. very. purpose. of early access to the NSale.
- HOW DO I BECOME A CARD HOLDER? Becoming a Card Holder is free, not-to-mention easy, and if you sign up before tomorrow, Sunday July 10th, you’ll receive a $10 credit to shop the sale when it begins on the 14th – i.e. this Thursday! If you prefer not to open a credit card, sign up for the Nordstrom Debit Card, which also grants you early access to the sale on July 14th. The debit card will link to your personal debit account and is used just as you would your normal debit card. Worth it.
- WHAT BRANDS ARE INCLUDED IN THE SALE? AG, Alexander Wang, Alice + Olivia, AllSaints, Bobbi Brown, BP., Clinique, Current/Elliott, Diane Von Furstenberg, Drybar, Elizabeth & James, French Connection, Frye, Halogen, Hinge, Kate Spade New York, Kendra Scott, Kiehl’s, Laura Mercier, Madewell, Michael Kors, Michele, NARS, Paige, Rag & Bone, Rebecca Minkoff, Sam Edelman, Splendid, Topshop, Vince., Vince Camuto, and many, many more.
- BOOKMARK THIS: I’ve created a Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Favorites page that I will be updating throughout the NSale. On the morning of July 14th, when early access opens, my favorite fashion, beauty, and home items will be live there. Think of it as your go-to URL for the Sale, add it to you bookmarks, and check back frequently. I’ll be doing a whole series on my favorite NSale items for men, women, and kids, with my favorites page as a one-stop shop.
ASOS – Up to 70% off sale items.
LORD & TAYLOR – 20% off regular-price and sale items. Use code LTLOVE.
PIXIE MARKET – Up to 70% off sale.
POTTERY BARN – 20% off one regular-priced items with code SAVE20 and an extra 15% off clearance with code EXTRA15.
SHEIN – 40% off site-wide with code AC40.
TOPSHOP – Save up to 70% off sale items.
TORY BURCH – Summer Break Semi-Annual Sale: Extra 30% off sale items with code EXTRA30.
WEST ELM – Up to 20% off all bedding, office, and media furniture.