1 OF 1001 THINGS
Firstly, how beautiful are these Beautycounter Lip Sheers Lipsticks, that I snapped a pic of on my bathroom vanity? Secondly, it’s the weekend, which means: here are my highlights from the week, favorites around the web, and I bet you can guess my top sale recommendation. Last Saturday I held a kick-off party for Sarah Sarna for Beautycounter, followed by a Facebook LIVE broadcast on Wednesday evening. Using the Facebook footage, I made my very first video! Last May I created a list of 101 things I would like to accomplish in 1001 days (which needs serious updating!). Number 49 on the list is “Learn to edit video,” and number 50 is “Post 10 vlog posts on my blog and YouTube.” I can finally cross number 49 off the list, and number 50 is on its way!
MY FIRST VIDEO
In my Sarah Sarna for Beautycounter introductory post earlier this month, I talked about how I learned about the company through a friend, and how switching to safer personal care products fits perfectly with my belief in improvement. In this video I dive deeper into the truest reason Beautycounter has been such a game-changer for me; and what the Movement means to me. In the process I share something that few of my closest friends even know. I hope you’ll watch it.
#NSALE: 8 DAYS LEFT TO SAVE
I’ve been so busy with projects, preparing for the Facebook broadcast, and editing my first video that I haven’t gotten in a roundup this week for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. The #NSale is still on for another 8 days! As I’ve covered in my #NSale Shoppers Guide, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is a rare opportunity to score designer fashion at way below retail price, from a cult-favorite beauty tool you’ve always wanted to own, to iconic watches and handbags, all available at shockingly reduced prices. Remember that my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Favorites page is your go-to URL for the #NSale: add it again to you bookmarks, and check back frequently.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE WEEK
- My first video: Sarah Sarna for Beautycounter!
- Meet Georgia native, NYC-based interior designer, Lindsey Lane, named a rising star by House Beautiful’s 2016 “Next Wave” for her fresh take on traditional Southern style.
- If you haven’t yet, check me out on episode 144 of the Million Dollar Decorating Podcast.
- My tips on ensuring an ideal over-the-knee boot fit – it’s trickier than you think.
FAVORITES AROUND THE WEB
- A sneak peek at the Coastal Living Showhouse home in Bridgehampton.
- Blue and white color crush.
- Tips on styling bookshelves.
- How to incorporate whitespace into our daily lives.
- Looking ahead to Autumn nights, how cozy are these pajamas, this nightgown, and these pajama pants?
- Serena Williams stars in the latest edition of Vogue‘s “73 Questions.”
- Now that you follow her on Snapchat, don’t miss Holly’s Nantucket Travel Guide.
- Light, bright, and airy, Summer-ready kitchens.
- How to make a cheese board for under $25 (really!)
- Healthy and tasty vegan ice cream.
- 12 stylish ways to use spray paint to stretch your decor budget.