Hello everyone and happy weekend! Here’s my weekend roundup of highlights from the week, favorites around the web, and my top sale picks.
A CRAZY WEEK
This has been the craziest week here in Northern Virginia. Schools and most businesses were closed on Monday and Tuesday, due to the weekend’s blizzard (Juno). We were completely snowed in from Friday onwards, and on Tuesday we were finally able to secure a trio of high school boys to dig us out of the snow. They arrived at Noon on Tuesday and completed our lengthy driveway at 6pm. Needless to say, we had a tremendous amount of snow. So that’s crazy reason number one. Crazy number two is that since Saturday I’ve been thumbs down with an intense cold/flu. All the acetaminophen Cold + Flu I’ve been taking has left me in a daze, and I’m seriously looking forward to feeling better in a few!
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE WEEK
- My interview with the Toronto-based interior designer who worked for Daniel Romualdez on Tory Burch’s NYC and Hamptons homes is an extra good one.
- I shared my Valentine’s Day Gifts for Him ideas, including a cozy fleece and sexy scented diffuser.
- This Upper West Side apartment with feminine décor and gorgeous architectural detail doesn’t disappoint.
- My Valentine’s Day Gifts for Her picks include a blush leather watch, a classic tote, and more.
FAVORITES AROUND THE WEB
- Laura took us inside a Richmond, Virginia home, filled with bright bold and beautiful hues.
- Kristy and Beth featured the stylish portfolio of this NYC-based interior designer. Remember the interview I did with her?
- How cute is this pretty-in-pastels Scandinavian apartment that Brenda posted?
- Gab spilled her super exciting news.
- Erin compiled her readers’ top 5 favorite recipes.
- Cathy showed us a desk organization DIY on Cassandra’s blog.
- Sarah’s bathroom reno before and after is amazing.
- Get up to 30% off Belgian Linen bedding with code GETCOZY.
- Everyone’s talking about this new line of sunglasses, priced starting at $98.
- These throw pillows are on sale for $35. Take an additional 15% off with code WKND.