Shubh Holi Hai! ; Happy Holi is here! There is no holiday more vibrant nor more colorful than the fabulous two-day Hindu festival of Holi. Celebrated on the last full moon day of the last lunar month of the Winter season, the festival marks a welcome return of Spring. To commemorate the day, color – “the brighter the better” – is flung wholeheartedly, with abandon, everywhere.
Fluorescent powders are tossed like confetti, with gusto. Water in neon hues is splashed and sprayed, sloshed from buckets and squirted through water pistols. In the evening, bright, festive bonfires crackle and throw sparks.
The incredible color and the playful splashing, shaking, and spraying of it, is absolutely inspiring.
A fantastic yellow splash:
Neon green powder ready for action:
A pink and fuchsia tornado:
A painting “in the syle of” Holi:
A black tape installation with splashy style by artist Sun K. Kwak, commissioned for the hallway of Alistair and Blair Clarke’s Park Avenue New York apartment:
Images / my love for you / SSID’s India Pinterest Board / Model Ieva Laguna, from the June/July 2012 issue of Ruush Magazine, photographed by Will Davidson / Oh Happy Day / Holtwood Hipster via The Big Picture / Painting (2011), Oil on Canvas, by Spanish artist Lino Lago / Lonny Magazine }
SEARCH FOR SOMETHING:
MOST Popular Posts
- Win A PALECEK Designer Inspiration Chair | Introducing Charmian Carr’s Hollywood Design
- A Monochromatic Dining Room
- Gorgeous Glass: Miele’s Generation 6000 PureLine Appliances
- At Home In New York with Interior Design Icon Vladimir Kagan
- A Gorgeous Purple-Grey Living Room
- The Best of High Point Market: Hooker Furniture Chests
- 10 Of My Favorite Interiors with Palm Leaf Wallpaper
- A Dramatic Bed Canopy
- I Trained My Eye with Pembrooke & Ives
- Lemon Yellow Kitchen Cabinets