Hello, it’s Alicia from THE LUSH LIST, here with this month’s recipe to share with you. This elegant dessert is heart-healthy and tastes like winter’s best in a bowl.
CINNAMON AND RED WINE POACHED PEARS
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
5 or 6 pears
1 bottle of red wine
1 cup sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
1/4 c orange juice
- Peel pears, leaving stem intact.
- Slice 1/2-inch off the bottom of the pears to create a flat bottom.
- Place pears in a 4-quart saucepan.
- Add wine, sugar, orange juice, cinnamon stick and cloves to the sauce pan.
- Bring to a low boil.
- Cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure even color, until pears are cooked but still firm.
- Remove saucepan from flame, uncover and cool with pears upright in pan.
- Gently remove pears from liquid and allow to come to room temperature.
- For sauce, reduce liquid by about half over a medium-high flame for 15 minutes, until liquid is slightly syrupy.
- Remove from flame and let liquid cool to room temperature.
- Drizzle each pear with syrup and serve at room temperature, or slightly warm.
VIEW THE SLIDESHOW
The main ingredients.