MORE RECIPES? OK!!
Today one of my readers emailed me with pics of Jane’s Cranberry Orange Muffins, fresh from her oven! I am so excited to see that you all are making recipes from the site and it encourages me to share more. Since it is holiday season, delicious treats are everywhere, so it took me all of three seconds to think of the recipe I want to share today.
What is sweet, sinfully gooey, also nutty, says Thanksgiving, Christmas, and December, and can be picked up and eaten with yours hands? The answer: these Pecan Pie Bars by Just A Taste.
PECAN PIE BARS
12 – 16 servings
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a 9×13-inch pan with foil, leaving enough foil overhanging on all sides by 2 inches.
- First make the crust by creaming together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add in the flour and salt and mix until crumbly.
- Press the crust into the foil-lined pan and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- While the crust bakes, prepare the filling by combining the butter, brown sugar, honey and heavy cream in a saucepan and stirring it over medium heat. Simmer the mixture for 1 minute, then stir in the chopped pecans.
- Remove the crust from the oven and immediately pour the pecan filling over the hot crust spreading it to cover the entire surface.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan and allow the bars to fully cool in the pan.
- Use the foil overhang to lift out the bars and transfer them to a cutting board.
- Peel off the foil, slice into bars and serve.