‘TIS THE SEASON
The Holiday Season calls for celebrations, glamorous fashion, and dramatic makeup. And while applying and wearing Holiday makeup is so much fun, taking it off can be a hassle.
Enter the #NeutrogenaFaceOff holiday challenge. The classic brand asked me to put a bold holiday makeup look to the test to demonstrate how effortlessly one Neutrogena Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelette removes a full holiday face with just one wipe.
A SMOKEY EYE WITH A RED LIP
As a contact-lens wearer with super sensitive skin, the most historically challenging makeup look for me to remove is a smokey eye with dark, pigmented eye shadow, waterproof mascara, and waterproof eyeliner, including application my water line. I knew, then, that this was the perfect look to put a Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelette up against, and I added slightly flushed cheeks and a red lip to complete my Holiday face.
- Beginning with a clean, moisturized face (this is the only moisturizer I’m using day and night these days), I applied this Crease Proof Eye Shadow, in Stay-Put Plum all over my top lids.
- I then completely layered over the shadow with the highlighter in this Nourishing Long Wear Eye Shadow + Built-In Primer Kit, in Smokey Steel. I used the crease color on my crease, and the liner color at the edges of my eyelids, as well as under my bottom lashes, smudging as I went along.
- Next I applied this Healthy Volume Mascara in Carbon Black 01, followed by Sephora Collection Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner in Black around my upper and lower lashes and on my water line.
- Then I layered Sephora Collection Jumbo Liner 12HR Wear Waterproof Eyeliner over my lids for an additionally saturated line.
- Next I brushed on AERIN Blush in Petal on the apples of my cheeks, blending it back and up along my cheekbones.
- Finally I put on a slightly pinkish-red Chanel lip in a color similar to Sephora Collection Rouge Cream Lipstick in Hot Tango 05.
MY MAKEUP REMOVAL HOPES & WISHES
I mentioned that I wear contacts and that I have very sensitive skin because unlike other makeup removers I’ve used, my hope was that the cleansing towelette would be gentle enough to use around my super delicate eye area, and safe enough not to irritate eyes when I’m wearing contacts (which I remove daily just before bed, after taking off my makeup). My wish was also that after using the towelette, I wouldn’t then have to wash my face and dry it out by double (or triple) cleansing. Obviously in order to not wash my face after using the towelette, it would have to leave my skin thoroughly, 100% clean, without the oily residue that remains with most makeup removers or traces of makeup that cause clogged pores, breakouts, and blemishes.
It was extremely convenient and easy to remove all of my heavy, waterproof eye makeup, blush, and lipstick with one Neutrogena Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelette. After all the makeup was removed my skin felt soft and clean, and all I had to do before bed was take out my contacts, brush my teeth, and apply my night cream/oil. Which is pretty much all I want to do after getting home from a Holiday party!
These cleansing towelettes are a game-changer. They’re gentler that using makeup remover with a million tissues and cotton balls, residue free, and save time in my nightly beauty routine. And at $7.19 for 25 applications, I highly recommend trying them to take your own #NeutrogenaFaceOff holiday challenge.
SHOP THE POST
This is a sponsored post in collaboration with NEUTROGENA. NEUTROGENA is the #1 Dermatologist Recommended skincare brand. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Sarah Sarna [dot] com possible!