Earlier this month I wrote a post about how the social media division of Finnish multinational communications and information technology corporation, Nokia, got in touch with me about collaborating with them and LeiVanKash Jewellery on a unique design quest! Fast forward two weeks and today the day for me to share my moodboard is finally here.
As an interior designer a moodboard (a visual collection of ideas and images) is something that I put together for every project. Each interior (and all design) begins with a starting point or aha moment when I think to myself ::I’ve got an idea…!:: It’s fun to put all of those ideas and snippets of images together in one place – the design process starts from there.
My starting point came when I was first introduced to the London-based Jewelry Designer Leila Kashanipour via Nokia. When I read about her Persian heritage, I thought instantly of how much I love Persian kilims! From there I went right to my go-to source for antique rugs in New York, Nazmiyal, and when one of their rugs caught my attention, my aha moment was born. I’ll let my moodboard tell the story!
I hope you like it as much as I do! Thank you Nokia and Leila for the opportunity to have some fun and collaborate with you both on my first every jewelry designs!
SEARCH FOR SOMETHING:
MOST Popular Posts
- A Monochromatic Dining Room
- Win A PALECEK Designer Inspiration Chair | Introducing Charmian Carr’s Hollywood Design
- Gorgeous Glass: Miele’s Generation 6000 PureLine Appliances
- At Home In New York with Interior Design Icon Vladimir Kagan
- A Gorgeous Purple-Grey Living Room
- The Best of High Point Market: Hooker Furniture Chests
- 10 Of My Favorite Interiors with Palm Leaf Wallpaper
- A Dramatic Bed Canopy
- I Trained My Eye with Pembrooke & Ives
- Lemon Yellow Kitchen Cabinets