Last Saturday Vikas and I attended his cousin’s lovely Hindu wedding reception. We had such a nice time celebrating the happy day with our family. For the evening I wore a bespoke dress my mom commissioned her designer to hand-make for me from a saree gifted by my sister-in-law’s mom. It is a floor length black silk gown, made in India, and hand-embroidered with sequins. Needless to say, I love it! I wore it with red-lipstick and pearls, felt great, and had a wonderful time.
Here’s the little snap of my husband and I that I posted that night, during cocktail hour, on instagram.
I cannot reiterate enough how much I love this dress, and this is only the second time I’d worn it – the first time was also to a wedding, last November in New Delhi.
This time, in lieu of wearing traditional Indian earrings, a necklace, and bangles as I did the previous time, I made my own paired-down take on the look with a pearl necklace and pearl and black studded drop earrings.
I thought I’d share some of the inspiration images I’d added to my tumblr that definitely influenced my attire for the event.
Can you see the influence?
SEARCH FOR SOMETHING:
MOST Popular Posts
- A Monochromatic Dining Room
- Win A PALECEK Designer Inspiration Chair | Introducing Charmian Carr’s Hollywood Design
- Gorgeous Glass: Miele’s Generation 6000 PureLine Appliances
- At Home In New York with Interior Design Icon Vladimir Kagan
- A Gorgeous Purple-Grey Living Room
- The Best of High Point Market: Hooker Furniture Chests
- 10 Of My Favorite Interiors with Palm Leaf Wallpaper
- A Dramatic Bed Canopy
- I Trained My Eye with Pembrooke & Ives
- Lemon Yellow Kitchen Cabinets