When Southern Living Decorating Editor Lindsay Ellis Beatty designed her family’s kitchen, she knew a breakfast nook would make all the impact.
With a sofa, a tulip table, and two chairs she transformed her kitchen corner into an inviting area her family loves to linger in each morning.
At the start of each day, Beatty’s flamingo pink sofa invigorates like a hot shower with pink-grapefruit-scented body wash might.
A valence and curtains in a pale green leafy print invoke an open, airy, trellised, ivy-covered awning.
The sculptural sconces and iconic tulip table provide strong silhouettes and the black and white zig-zag upholstered Louis side chairs infuse the room with tradition and graphic texture, combined.
Beatty and her son enjoying the new kitchen in their lives:
/ All photographs taken by Laurey W. Glenn via Southern Living Magazine /
SEARCH FOR SOMETHING:
MOST Popular Posts
- Win A PALECEK Designer Inspiration Chair | Introducing Charmian Carr’s Hollywood Design
- A Monochromatic Dining Room
- Gorgeous Glass: Miele’s Generation 6000 PureLine Appliances
- At Home In New York with Interior Design Icon Vladimir Kagan
- A Gorgeous Purple-Grey Living Room
- The Best of High Point Market: Hooker Furniture Chests
- 10 Of My Favorite Interiors with Palm Leaf Wallpaper
- A Dramatic Bed Canopy
- I Trained My Eye with Pembrooke & Ives
- Lemon Yellow Kitchen Cabinets