Was it only yesterday? Yesterday I started a new inspiration board on pinterest entitled She’s Got Style. I only have a few pins so far: Christy Turlington, Grace Kelly, etc. Then in my feed this morning, an image of Dorothy Dandridge came up. I clicked on a link which led me to a dead end. So I googled the actress’ name.
What I found were fantastic images composed by Jessica Caldwell, founder of one of House Beautiful magazine’s favorite blogs, design wonderland. A link to Caldwell’s great piece is below. But first… these gorgeous images of Dorothy at home in 1962.
The actress in her living room with a view of the Hollywood Hills.
I’ll be adding these images to my She’s Got Style board, of course. Ms. Dandridge certainly fits the bill.
Does Dandridge’s home remind you of interiors you’ve seen designed more recently? Does her style call anyone to mind? Do tell!
Images / all via Design Wonderland /
SEARCH FOR SOMETHING:
MOST Popular Posts
- Win A PALECEK Designer Inspiration Chair | Introducing Charmian Carr’s Hollywood Design
- A Monochromatic Dining Room
- Gorgeous Glass: Miele’s Generation 6000 PureLine Appliances
- At Home In New York with Interior Design Icon Vladimir Kagan
- A Gorgeous Purple-Grey Living Room
- 10 Of My Favorite Interiors with Palm Leaf Wallpaper
- The Best of High Point Market: Hooker Furniture Chests
- A Dramatic Bed Canopy
- I Trained My Eye with Pembrooke & Ives
- The Best of High Point Market: Hooker Furniture’s Newest Pieces!