What could pair better with this beautiful tablescape than fragrant, freshly baked coconut macaroons?
Elegant, amazingly expeditious, and simply divine, these coconut macaroons are absolutely unforgettable. They are ideal for entertaining as well as a quiet night at home, and are certain to enhance any tablescape – from the most spare to the more lavish, as above.
Total Time: 30 minutes, Preparation Time: 10 minutes, Quantity: 36
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 2/3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
4 egg whites
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and coconut in mixing bowl.
- Stir in egg whites and almond extract.
- Stir in walnuts, mix well.
- Drop teaspoon fulls onto a greased cookie sheet or into baking cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe / inspired by and altered slightly from Food.com /