This is a sponsored post in collaboration with BlogTour. BlogTour invites the world’s most influential design and lifestyle bloggers to national and international destinations where they immerse themselves in trade shows, showrooms, design events, and local culture.
I’m Going on BlogTour!
I’m happy to announce that I have been selected as one of fifteen interior design and lifestyle insiders to attend BlogTour Las Vegas 2014, February 2-6th 2014, presented by Modenus! BlogTour invites the world’s most influential design and lifestyle bloggers to national international destinations where they immerse themselves in trade shows, showrooms, design events, and local culture. After the amazing experience I had last year winter on BlogTour Cologne 2013, I’m thrilled to be part of my second BlogTour. This will be my first time to Las Vegas, and to the West Coast. I can’t wait.
The Interior Design and Lifestyle Insiders
Our team of 15 notable designers and design bloggers from both Canada and the U.S:
- Carmen Christensen, President/Founder/Principal Designer of Time2Design
- Christine Da Costa, Principal Designer of Decor by Christine, Editor of The Glam Blog
- Cristin Bisbee Priest, Principal of Simplified Bee®, Editor of Simplified Bee Blog
- Grace Kelly, Owner of Kitchen Designs by Ken Kelly, Editors of Kitchen Designs blog
- JB Bartkowiak, Editor of BuildingMoxie.com
- Ken Kelly, Owner of Kitchen Designs by Ken Kelly
- Lisa Mende, Principal and Founder of Lisa Mende Design
- Marilyn Russell, President of Design Magnifique
- Meredith Heron, Founder of Meredith Heron Design, Editor of Sashay
- Rhonda Knoche, Principal of Rhonda Knoche Interior Design, Editor of Rhonda Knoche blog
- Rita Catinella Orrell, Design Writer for Designythings and Architects-Toybox
- Sarah Sarna, Co-founder of Franklin Eighth, Editor of Live The Life You Dream About
- Stacy Naquin, Principal of Stacy Naquin Interiors, Editor of Stacy Naquin blog
- Tina Ramchandani, Co-founder of Franklin Eighth, Founder and Editor of Life in Sketch
- Vanessa Francis, Principal and Founder of Vanessa Francis Design, Editor of Décor Happy
The Launch of “Modenus Talks”
An exciting component of BlogTour Las Vegas will be the launch of “Modenus Talks” on Feburary 3rd from 12-4pm at the Cosmopolitan Hotel Las Vegas, our home away from home during our six-day stay in Nevada. Modenus CEO Veronika Miller describes Modenus Talks as “speed dating for knowledge,” as it brings manufacturers, designers, media and other industry professionals together for an afternoon of unplugged round table conversations about design business, design ideas, and design technologies.
when you bring talented people together, the answers to most business and design related questions are already in the room, you just have to know to ask the right questions
Ms. Miller explains, “It struck me after the last series of BlogTours that we hosted in London and Los Angeles, that when you bring talented people together, the answers to most business and design related questions are already in the room, you just have to know to ask the right questions.” She continues, “[i]t was through casual conversations that meaningful bits of knowledge were shared, making the groups walk away with a thought, an idea, a new way of doing something. That’s the premise for Modenus Talks.”
Bringing together 45 influences from all areas of interior design and kitchen & bath design, and select brand representatives, the invitation-only event will rotate three groups between two design challenges, and a Q & A session live on social media, allowing those not in attendance to participate and interact with the Modenus Talks group.
Title sponsors for the first-ever Modenus Talks are 20-20 Technologies, Blanco, Mr. Steam, and Walker Zanger. Design enthusiasts can join by submitting questions prior to the event and following the #ModenusTalks hashtag on Twitter during the four-hour event. Results of the design challenges will be compiled and shared with media.
Trend Spotting at The Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS)
Another major component of BlogTour Las Vegas will take place on February 4-5th, the two days we will spend at The Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS) and inaugural Design & Construction Week.
Our BlogTour team of fifteen interior design and lifestyle insiders will be spotting the latest trends, seeing the newest products, networking with industry peers, and reporting back to our blogs and social media audiences in the weeks before, during, and after BlogTour Vegas. We are honored to have been asked by KBIS management to judge not only the newly revamped Best of KBIS Awards (the highest award in the kitchen and bath design industry), but the first ever Booth Innovation Award as well.
The inaugural Design & Construction week in Las Vegas represents the resurgence of the kitchen and bath industry
“The inaugural Design & Construction week in Las Vegas represents the resurgence of the kitchen and bath industry,” Veronika Miller, CEO of Modenus.com says. “With KBIS and the International Builders’ Show co-locating for the week, the event will be characterized with jam-packed exhibit halls and a huge increase in attendance. Brands will be showing the best they have to offer, so it’s more important than ever to have Blog Tour experience it first hand.”
Introducing the BlogTour Las Vegas 2014 Sponsors
On Mondays over the coming weeks I’ll be doing a post showcasing each of the brands and what makes them unique.
BlogTour Las Vegas 2014 wouldn’t be possible without each of this year’s 11 sponsors. On Mondays over the coming weeks I’ll be doing a post showcasing each of the brands and what makes them unique. Here’s a sneak peek of who will be showing support for this Tour.
- BLANCO passionately elevates the standards for luxury sinks, faucets, and decorative accessories. A BlogTour sponsor since 2011, BLANCO is a huge supporter of the blogging community. They will be hosting a dinner for us on Feb 4 and will co-host an event at KBIS on Feb 5 for an exciting new product launch.
- Dekton by Cosentino is a new ultra-compact surface made from a mixture of inorganic raw materials found in glass, porcelain tile and natural quartz, with advanced technical properties for both interior and exterior design. Cosentino will be a BlogTour sponsor for the second time. They will be hosting an event Sponsoring BlogTour for the second time, Cosentino will be focusing its attention on its new product . Cosentino and BLANCO will co-host an event at KBIS on Feb 5 at their booth.
- Formica, founded in 1913, Formica Group is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of innovative surfacing products for commercial and residential applications. is a first time sponsor and so supportive of blogger programs. We will see them during our media tour on the KBIS show floor on Feb 5.
- KBIS is The Kitchen & Bath Industry’s largest showcase of new ideas, products & technology. KBIS has been a Modenus media partner since KBIS New Orleans 2013.
- Mr Steam makes wellness a way of life. A sponsor since 2012, the brand is all about living its gospel: health, wellness, and living a good life. Mr. Steam will be joining the launch of “Modenus Talks,” and will host a spa brunch for us on Feb 6.
- Poggenpohl was founded 120 years ago as the first German kitchen brand, now the best known kitchen brand in the world – present in more than 70 countries around the globe. The brand has supported BlogTour from the start. With Subzero Wolf, Poggenpohl will c0-host a fabulous Penthouse event for us on Feb 3 and we will also have a quick stop off at their KBIS.
- Sub-Zero Wolf is on a mission for more delicious meals and a more beautiful kitchen. Sub-Zero Wolf is new to BlogTour. Although they are not exhibitors at KBIS, they will co-host the Penthouse event on Feb 3 with Poggenpohl.
- Top Knobs specializes in fine decorative cabinet hardware for the kitchen and bath. Another new BlogTour sponsor, Top Knobs is thrilled to launch their first real blogger event and will host us for breakfast and a media tour at the show.
- TOTO innovates for people to make the bathroom experience personally meaningful. A BlogTour sponsor from KBIS 2013 in New Orleans, TOTO wanted to be part of the tour again. We will be seeing them for a media tour at their booth and for a luncheon on Feb 5.
- Walker Zanger, founded in 1952, is the world’s most respected luxury stone and tile company. Also a new sponsor, Walker Zanger will be hosting a luncheon for us in their Las Vegas showroom and share several new product introductions.
- Wood-Mode has built a reputation for fashion-forward custom-cabinet designs, superior quality, fine craftsmanship, and a dedication to protecting the environment. Also a first time sponsor, Wood-Mode will host us at their suite for a cocktail event and we’ll have a quick visit with them at their booth at the show as part of our media tour.
Modenus is a curated online design resource at the heart of a worldwide community of designers, design enthusiasts and manufacturers. Modenus supports its community with an expansive social media network, editorial excellence and trade show partnerships. Based in the U.S., Modenus plans for 2014 include launching Modenus Germany and further expansion in the U.K and Australian markets.
Photo Credits: Modenus. Las Vegas Skyline via The Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas. The Chandelier Bar at the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas via Fab Housewife. The Penthouse Suite at the Mandarin Oriental Penthouses.