With a population of 8 million residents, New York is by far the most populous city in the United States – more than double the size of the U.S.’s second largest city, Los Angeles. When it comes to navigating a city like this one, whether you’ve resided in NYC for 12 years (like me), or 12 weeks, to get the most out of New York, it helps to have a NYC cheat sheet.
That cheat sheet is Romio, a brand new social media recommendations’ site that breaks down the Big Apple into neighborhood slices. Whether you’re looking for a quiet place to eat your brown bag lunch during your lunch hour, or for the best tried-and-tested venue in your area to host your blow out birthday bash, let your neighbors (like me) give you a helping hand, hint, and heads’ up.
A few weeks ago I met the founding staff of Romio in their Chelsea office, where I was invited to be a Romio Neighborhood Insider. The site works like this: in one click you log in with your facebook account, type in a question about anything in any NYC neighborhood or in NYC at large, and fellow users and insiders like myself will answer your inquiries. It’s that easy.
On Romio I really encourage you to not only ask your NYC questions, but to ask all your design and lifestyle questions. From the best bedding boutiques, to the go-t0-guy I recommend for cleaning your drapery, to my favorite local leather furniture retailer (a question a reader recently emailed me about), follow me here and ask away.
Images / Romio /
SEARCH FOR SOMETHING:
MOST Popular Posts
- A Monochromatic Dining Room
- Win A PALECEK Designer Inspiration Chair | Introducing Charmian Carr’s Hollywood Design
- Gorgeous Glass: Miele’s Generation 6000 PureLine Appliances
- At Home In New York with Interior Design Icon Vladimir Kagan
- A Gorgeous Purple-Grey Living Room
- The Best of High Point Market: Hooker Furniture Chests
- 10 Of My Favorite Interiors with Palm Leaf Wallpaper
- A Dramatic Bed Canopy
- I Trained My Eye with Pembrooke & Ives
- Lemon Yellow Kitchen Cabinets